Today it can be extremely difficult to get by without using the wide array of social media platforms on offer. On top of this, it is also hard to know what is required to ensure you get the most out of them.
Think of LinkedIn as your professional networking platform as opposed to more informal company channels such as your Facebook, Twitter and Instagram accounts. Framing it this way will outline the difference between the two and will help you determine what type of content and style is appropriate and what is not.
With a channel like LinkedIn it’s all about building your business’s credibility, connecting with current and potential customers, and increasing brand awareness. If LinkedIn is used to the best of its advantage, it can be a very valuable tool that can work effectively in conjunction with other marketing channels.
So we’ve put together a short list to get you on the right track and make sure you get the most out of your LinkedIn account.
- Add rich content to your LinkedIn page such as images, infographics and videos on a daily basis to increase reach and connect with your target market.
- Ensure your company page has an updated logo and accurate business description, nothing is worse than outdated information. Prospective employees and customers tend to search business profiles on LinkedIn before a decision is made to use your services or to apply for a position with your business.
- Encourage staff to list your company on their personal profiles. This way they will become followers and can like, share and comment on company updates to span reach.
- Connect with current customers on LinkedIn, you never know when another business may require your services and be referred to you through your current connections.
- Ensure you have a follow button/LinkedIn icon visible on your website so it is simple for visitors to follow through to your company page.